All said, I’m still a silly love fool.
I adore the idea of a surprise bunch of flowers, messages for no reason, sweet nothings in the moonlight, drinking under the stars and music in the bedroom.
Over the last few years, a certain amount of experience mixed with a certain amount of growing up led me to believe that some of those little things are like clouds – transitory and meaningless. “So what’s the point in sending a message as long as you know the thought exists? Isn’t it enough I admire/love/whatever you a whole lot?” Well, maybe not. Ever noticed how much joy a cloud can bring…for a moment? From a little more of growing up and experience I’ve learnt that the little and apparently inconsequential actions and words matter. A lot. In fact, they are what the bigger ones are made of. You figure out how.
Responsibilities, fears, plans and the supposedly ‘bigger’, more ‘important’ issues might not require as much attention that many of us allot to them. I know people who live successful lives managing the larger issues and not losing out on the smaller tidbits that make their lives worth living.
I adore the idea of a surprise bunch of flowers, messages for no reason, sweet nothings in the moonlight, drinking under the stars and music in the bedroom.
Over the last few years, a certain amount of experience mixed with a certain amount of growing up led me to believe that some of those little things are like clouds – transitory and meaningless. “So what’s the point in sending a message as long as you know the thought exists? Isn’t it enough I admire/love/whatever you a whole lot?” Well, maybe not. Ever noticed how much joy a cloud can bring…for a moment? From a little more of growing up and experience I’ve learnt that the little and apparently inconsequential actions and words matter. A lot. In fact, they are what the bigger ones are made of. You figure out how.
Responsibilities, fears, plans and the supposedly ‘bigger’, more ‘important’ issues might not require as much attention that many of us allot to them. I know people who live successful lives managing the larger issues and not losing out on the smaller tidbits that make their lives worth living.
Sounds clichéd and ancient? Well maybe it is. As ancient as the age-old inability to balance the small with the big.
Each time you take a rain check on one of those little things, you’ve lost it forever. And the feeling that comes with it.
Each time you take a rain check on one of those little things, you’ve lost it forever. And the feeling that comes with it.
And the little bit more of life that you live and give with it.
<< Home