Wednesday, March 9

It's one of the strangest feelings. Leaving a company you've worked with for a reasonably long time.
8.45 pm and I'm getting tonnes of material backed up...on cds, other computers, servers and generally all over the place. I'm going to leave bits of what I've been doing for over 9 hours a day, for around two years now.
A lot of people are walking up to me, looking quite sad that they won't be seeing me around anymore. I just have a repeat a few things I heard:
"Damn, do you like have to leave? I mean, we never worked together or anything..."
"Oh, who will I sing all my stupid Kannada songs to?"
"Hey, don't go, let's start something ourselves, I'll quit too"
"Ok, really...you're not leaving tomorrow right?"
"Oh, let's go get one more coffee! Just one more!"
"Where're you going? I'll come too!"
" Oye, tussi matt jaao, ben! What about all the maal we have to steal and sell? We have to become underworld billionaires!" (hehehe)
(Old man) "You are leaving? You're one of the stalwarts of the company" (is that how you spell it?)
(Funny one) "Who will fill this damage? No one can!" (I hope he meant space)
(Funnier one) "Ma'am, if you go means...I don't know ma'am...please stay no ma'am...ma'am, ma'am, don't go no"
(Nice one) "BYE? I'm not letting you go, sweety!"
(Weird one) "So, you're majorly getting into spying n all eh" (Promise, I have no clue what that means)
...and many more.
Maybe I'm not leaving with a clear head, maybe they won't remember me when I'm gone, but there will be a few things I miss.
Practising detachment from your work and your workplace is an important part of working and living right. But it's not really possible...at least not the night before your last day...