At work I have a plant sitting to my right. Er no I'm not talking about a colleague (that would have to be the vegetable sitting to my left, about which I'll talk later). So this plant just sits there all day, green and leafy, with it's plump stems and light green streaks that look like small streams running all over its leaves.
Call me weird, but sometimes I am overcome by a distinct sense of being peered at by something to my right. And I confess, a couple of times, I've suddenly turned my head to the right in a attempt to catch the eyes looking at me (hoping to embarrass them). You know, something like “Ah haaan! Caught you!!” Needless to say, only the plant sits to my right, after which is a plain white wall. So erm...I think it's watching me. No violent intentions there, mind you, but it still watches...quietly...almost sternly.
This morning I swung around on my chair to face the plant with an expression that said “HMM...so, what's up?” and again, needless to say, it continued sitting there against the white wall, absolutely still, watching me. No reply...just the strange leafy vibe.
But I noticed a few leaves beginning to turn brown and felt sad. Could it be a reflection of my Self? My Inner Self?
Tsk...am I losing it altogether?
<< Home