Friday, April 22


Dogs and me. Ah! A topic in itself!
The usual reaction I've managed to get from dogs are:
“BARK!”
“I don't care wtf you are”
“C'mere li'l plum, lemme me lick you to death”
“C'mere li'l plum, lemme scratch you to death”
“C'mere li'l plum, lemme scare you some more!”
I never thought I'd hit it off well with a dog until I met one really dusty dog the other day. The first couple of minutes, needless to say, involved me shrieking and almost freezing in one position, until he actually pushed me and I almost fell sidewards.
Lesson: dogs can be strong. Really strong, especially since they're short and attack your knees with all their might.
But a while later, he came to me and...yipee! It actually felt good! He sat next to me and for once I didn't have to hesitate before I touched his head and rubbed his forehead. He had lovely fur and I caught myself wondering if all those dogs I didn't pet had such fur too.
Lesson: with dogs, you're not the only one that needs to try. If the dog tries, it can work miracles too.
This might actually be the beginning of a nice furry love story! Sniff...