Sunday, April 17


Ok disclaimer: I love animals. I think they're very nice.
Now, story: A friend of mine was supposed to get married in January this year. It was decided in October last year that his girlfriend of three years would move from the US to India, they would move in together and then get married. It was beautiful, the way they'd planned it. I think even the tickets had been booked and my friend had even planned his career move according to this nice plan.
It's been six months now. When I asked him in January where Sara is, he said she'd been held back in the US with some “work”. I asked him in February and he said the “work” had unexpectedly stretched out longer than expected. I asked him in March and he sounded a bit irritated that the “work” wasn't over yet. And finally in April my friend called me late one night and began talking about how miserable he's been feeling. The career move didn't pay off as expected, he had to move out of his mansion on the outskirts of the city, he was bored and sad. So what about Sara, I asked again.
“Oh f***!! Her dog's on it's death bed and she''s waiting for it to die. If it doesn't die in one month, I'll have her put it to sleep and come to India. Damn that dog!”
One is not sure whom to feel sad for -the pet or the owner.