Monday, May 2


New trainee and I


NT: Er hey...this one here...it says 3 hours...
Me: Yeah...
NT: But I'm done with reading this document...
Me: Ok...?
NT: So...
Me: So...?
NT: I mean....the training plan you sent me says three hours for this document...
Me: Yeah ok...but you're done reading it?
NT: Yeah...
Me: Good! No questions?
NT: No...
Me: Ok....so...?
NT: But it says 3 hours...
Me: Yeah, but that's ok!
NT: Er...sure...? it says..
Me: Yeah I know it says 3 hours but if you're done with it...move on to the next one
NT: I can?
Me: ...yeah of course!!
NT: Oh...I didnt know that...I mean it says..
Me: Yes! It says 3 hours...I know....but I've designed it for people who're slower than you...
NT: Ok! I thought I'll read it until the 3 hours was over...
Me: No, no, please go on to the next one
NT: (gleefully) so this is for slower people too?
Me: Oh yes, I think there might be people who are slower...
NT: ...er...huh?
Me: Nothing, please go on to the next one...


Alright, now I need to learn about training methods for the three-toed sloth.