So it was just a regular day with the kids in the family and being the youngest aunt, I somehow get let into the secrets and most often candid remarks from the 3 and 6 year olds.
Everyone's watching something called 'Franklin' that they pronounce as 'Fraankh-leyn' with a strange French accent when the 3 year old switches channels to MTV. And so the conversation begins
Kid 1: Hey, have you seen Candy Shop?
Me: Erm, Candy Shop?
Kid2: Yeah! It's so nice!
Me: Hm, yeah, where did you see it?
Kids: on TeeVee!!
Kid1: Y'know, they have so much candy there!
Kid2: Yeah! (Imitating the 50 cent voice) Well-come to the Candy Shop!
Me: Ohh! That candy shop!
Kid1: Yeah! They take all the chocolate and pour it on youuu! Yummmyy!!
Me: Erm, yeah....
Tiny kid: (climbing onto my lap) Aaii want candeee!
Kid2: (again in the 50 cent voice) Let me take you to the Candy Shop!!
Kids: You should also go to the candy shop!!
Me: Yeah, sure I will!!
Kids: They have like, chocolate and all, and they pour it all over you!! And you eat and eat all the candy!!!
Kid1: Yeah! It's so much fun! Let's all go there! And I'll pour chocolate on you!
Kid2: NO! I'll pour it on you!!
Kid1: NO! ME!
Kid2: NO! YOU!!
Kid1: No! Let's ask the aunties there to pour it on us!! Yaay!
Me: Ok ok ok!! Let's all watch Fraank-leeen
Kids: No, it's called 'Fraankh-leyn'
Me: Ok, whatever
One of them gets up and walks away singing “I'll be your naww-dy gurl, tuh taa da daaah”
Ok, I have nothing against the music, the media or the videos. And I don't believe in locking channels on TV and stuff, but somehow, when little kids begin singing them...damn! It's weird...
Everyone's watching something called 'Franklin' that they pronounce as 'Fraankh-leyn' with a strange French accent when the 3 year old switches channels to MTV. And so the conversation begins
Kid 1: Hey, have you seen Candy Shop?
Me: Erm, Candy Shop?
Kid2: Yeah! It's so nice!
Me: Hm, yeah, where did you see it?
Kids: on TeeVee!!
Kid1: Y'know, they have so much candy there!
Kid2: Yeah! (Imitating the 50 cent voice) Well-come to the Candy Shop!
Me: Ohh! That candy shop!
Kid1: Yeah! They take all the chocolate and pour it on youuu! Yummmyy!!
Me: Erm, yeah....
Tiny kid: (climbing onto my lap) Aaii want candeee!
Kid2: (again in the 50 cent voice) Let me take you to the Candy Shop!!
Kids: You should also go to the candy shop!!
Me: Yeah, sure I will!!
Kids: They have like, chocolate and all, and they pour it all over you!! And you eat and eat all the candy!!!
Kid1: Yeah! It's so much fun! Let's all go there! And I'll pour chocolate on you!
Kid2: NO! I'll pour it on you!!
Kid1: NO! ME!
Kid2: NO! YOU!!
Kid1: No! Let's ask the aunties there to pour it on us!! Yaay!
Me: Ok ok ok!! Let's all watch Fraank-leeen
Kids: No, it's called 'Fraankh-leyn'
Me: Ok, whatever
One of them gets up and walks away singing “I'll be your naww-dy gurl, tuh taa da daaah”
Ok, I have nothing against the music, the media or the videos. And I don't believe in locking channels on TV and stuff, but somehow, when little kids begin singing them...damn! It's weird...
<< Home