Monday, July 11


I feel like a quiet pond today...quiet and deep in a forest glade, with an occasional dried yellow leaf twirling above and teasingly fall on me like a heavy feather, shaking the surface, sending out beautiful concentric circles.
It's it a grey day outside, washed and slippery after a long night of rain. I'm warm and snug in my soft sweater.
And it's a grey day inside office, in my space of a few square feet, lit only by the light of my monitor.
And it's a grey day inside me. I spend a large part of my time in this space, this world of mine, with its commitments, its dangers, its successes and its expectations. And through it all, I've been myself, the me that is painfully honest, fiercely independent, frequently doubtful, even egoistic and self-respecting. The me that I know and am comfortable with.
At an office party the other day a few people who mattered in the hierarchy classified me a “cool woman”, the kind you'd always want to have at your workplace, your friends circle, across your coffee table...all when I was only being me, myself.
I don't know if this is what the 'real' thing ought to be...am I too old, too young? Too informed? Too ignorant? Too happy? Too sad? Too soon? Too late? Too confident? Too scared?
Too empty?
Too jaded?


But for now let me share a bit of what I'm listening to...

I'm goin fishing
I got me a line
Nothing I do is gonna make a difference
So I'm takin the time
You ain't never gonna be happy
Anyhow, anyway
So I'm going fishing
And I'm goin today
...
And when the time comes
I'll look back and see
Peace in the shoreline
That could have been me
You can waste a whole lifetime
Trying to be
What you think is expected of you'd
But you'll never be free
May as well go fishing