I walk past an old, empty temple with just the sound of pattering raindrops on my umbrella to keep me company. A quiet song plays in my head to keep my mind away from the biting cold. The dancing glow of a night fire in the temple looks warm and I gingerly step over puddles to get closer and share a bit of the lonely fire. With the last step, I glance down at my pedicured, clean feet set against the damp granite stepped on a thousand times by the devout masses. What a contrast!
What a lonely, warm fire burning in the rain, what a lonely pair of feet stepping in the night!
We keep each other company for a few seconds until the rain falls heavier and I walk away, a little more lonely than before.
What a lonely, warm fire burning in the rain, what a lonely pair of feet stepping in the night!
We keep each other company for a few seconds until the rain falls heavier and I walk away, a little more lonely than before.
<< Home