Two Words. Two of the most horrible words I've heard in a long time.
“Stop dancing”
So my knee that started mysteriously hurting and swelling a bit over the last one week was taken to the doctor today. The physiotherapist subjected it to a lot more than I have in a long time and asked me what I'd been up to. Sigh. I had to tell him I ignored a knee pain that started a few days ago and began my Salsa classes nonetheless. And he said the two worst words.
“Stop dancing”
and said it again
“Stop dancing”
Oh, how it echoes in my ears!! And how it brings a knot in my throat and a tear in my eye.
“Stop dancing”
GODDAMIT!! I have to stop dancing!
So my knee and I have a new morning routine...go to Manipal and get my ultra-sound therapy done and then we go to work and sit. And we don't dance.
My knee and I spoke to my trainer and we got a nice ego boost with him saying “WHAT? But you're my best student!!” and we spoke to the others and we heard things like “Oh no! But I dance best with you!” and “Oh, those ring-clad fingers! I'll miss them!” and “Damn, you turn so well and step so well...” Sniff.
We smiled – my swollen knee and I and we walked out while the wonderful music began playing and the lesser mortals of the class began stepping about without the best dancer (hehe).
I think I even heard the trainer say “We'll get her back for the next session. Definitely”.
But we left...my knee and I and we sighed “Stop dancing”.
Life! Bah!!
My knee and I are going to go sit in a corner and cry.
“Stop dancing”
So my knee that started mysteriously hurting and swelling a bit over the last one week was taken to the doctor today. The physiotherapist subjected it to a lot more than I have in a long time and asked me what I'd been up to. Sigh. I had to tell him I ignored a knee pain that started a few days ago and began my Salsa classes nonetheless. And he said the two worst words.
“Stop dancing”
and said it again
“Stop dancing”
Oh, how it echoes in my ears!! And how it brings a knot in my throat and a tear in my eye.
“Stop dancing”
GODDAMIT!! I have to stop dancing!
So my knee and I have a new morning routine...go to Manipal and get my ultra-sound therapy done and then we go to work and sit. And we don't dance.
My knee and I spoke to my trainer and we got a nice ego boost with him saying “WHAT? But you're my best student!!” and we spoke to the others and we heard things like “Oh no! But I dance best with you!” and “Oh, those ring-clad fingers! I'll miss them!” and “Damn, you turn so well and step so well...” Sniff.
We smiled – my swollen knee and I and we walked out while the wonderful music began playing and the lesser mortals of the class began stepping about without the best dancer (hehe).
I think I even heard the trainer say “We'll get her back for the next session. Definitely”.
But we left...my knee and I and we sighed “Stop dancing”.
Life! Bah!!
My knee and I are going to go sit in a corner and cry.
<< Home