Tuesday, August 16

Dearest Lost One,
I was traveling in an autorickshaw one night and a girl waved her hand out from a dark corner of a street. She got in, sat next to me and asked me for some directions. I looked at her face and saw your eyes glint back at me in the night; those dreamy eyes that saw distant lamps shining with orange fire. She had the same beautiful dusky skin that gave you the rustic beauty of a rebel. She had the same long fingers that made you write all the poetry that still lives in my heart. She had the same smile that I'd seen on your face a thousand times. I sat next to her, watching her, watching you. I wished you'd come back to us, that you'd get out of the autorickshaw, wave your usual bye to me and walk back to the house you've left behind...and make it a home again. I wished you'd come back.

She abruptly asked the driver to stop, got out and walked away without paying. You walked out, Dearest Lost One.