Bully Dog and I. We are a pair. We are a pair of the most mismatched human and animal. We live and hate on the same street. In fact, he lives a few plots of land away from me.
Bully Dog takes immense pleasure in scaring the living daylights out of me each time he thinks of a new way to make my walk along the street tough. It began with me moving into the house newly, more than a year ago, when one night I was standing at the gate and all of a sudden he came charging at me out of the darkness. I did what any normal human would do. Sprint as fast as possible from the predator from the dark. I ran for my life, from the gate all the way to the door, pushed my mom inside, got in myself and slammed the door shut. It was like some horror movie. And then, silence. A long silence. I realised that Bully Bog had changed his course in the last second and run away.
Since then, each time I walked out the gate, he would come running right at me, making me freeze in action, only to screech to a halt and look at me like he were saying “What the…! Get moving, you idiot!” and I would walk away apologetically.
This went on for a long time until I finally I learnt to use my body language to scare him. I turned so viscious, any mad dog in the world would run for his life. I turned into a body-language pro, I tell you. Each time Bully Dog ran towards me, I'd use my body language to tell him “one F***ing step more and you’re dead, you bloody dog!” and he would actually step back.
So that’s how it is now. Bully Dog doesn’t charge at me these days, but he does run, making my hair stand on end…but I’m worse. I’m a scary bitch! I scare him like crazy but he loves to frighten me too.
Ah, Bully Dog and I…what a love-hate animal-like relationship!
PS: I've begun loving dogs. I'm crazy about them and I've even been caught drooling at street dogs these days. But Bully Dog, now that's a different story!
<< Home