Tuesday, May 30


My feet made strange, squishy marks on the cold beach sand, little grains glistening on my toes. And I walked on, my shoes carelessly dangling from a little finger – watching my own long shadow on the wet shore.
I’d rather have been alone. So I left them alone. They’d rather have been by themselves too. So I counted my footprints, played my own little game, chasing waves like a silly child, walking into the water when I spotted a particularly big shell, picking up bits of pretty glass and letting the sea breeze run through my hair, not caring to brush it back in place. No one to tell me what I should or shouldn’t do.
It was the most beautiful late Spring sunset. A large sun, sinking into the cold, orange ocean and shining on the reeds and clumps of trees.
It was the most beautiful late Spring sunset and they watched it, like it was their first sunset together.

As for me, I think I missed it.