When I was a little kid, my mom would always talk about a birthday card she saved from many years ago. Tinted a honey-gold, was the picture of a half-bloomed rose bud on a plant, among many other plants. Curly, fancy writing in a faded white said (something to the effect of):
As the years go by, people grow older
As time goes by, you only grow sweeter.
The love she felt for those words, were, I'm sure, associated with someone, and not the words themselves. And through association, I began loving the words too. The faded, honey-gold over light pink petals - so simple, so dreamy.
Today, I give you that birthday card, love.
As the years go by, people grow older
As time goes by, you only grow sweeter.
The love she felt for those words, were, I'm sure, associated with someone, and not the words themselves. And through association, I began loving the words too. The faded, honey-gold over light pink petals - so simple, so dreamy.
Today, I give you that birthday card, love.
<< Home